Pictures, Video, and Fun Details from the 2020 Valentine Banquet!
On Feb 15th 2020, 80+ guests in attendance at the Camp JOY Valentine Banquet enjoyed an Italian-themed evening with live music, guest speakers, games, door prizes, photo-booth, silent auction, and a delicious meal and dessert.
Through the attendees’ support and donations, this lovely event raised over $1,000 for Camp JOY’s ministry with children! What a blessing!! Thank you to everyone who donated, attended, helped plan and prepare, cooked, served, or was involved in any other way. We appreciate you and your service to the Lord. To God be the glory!
Below are photos of the attendees who got their picture taken at the Italian-themed photo booth. Look at all the smiling faces!
To see video from the evening, read on to the bottom of this page.
We just can't leave out this gem of a "kodak-moment": Camp JOY Co-Director Tony Ergang has to shave his mustache at the end of the evening as the results of a funny fundraising game! His family had previously dyed his mustache PINK in honor of the Valentine Banquet fundraiser game between Co-Directors Tony and Jed. Since Tony's jar had the most money donated at the end of the night, he had to shave his mustache...(Bye-Bye mustache!)...while Co-Director Jed Kenaston, pictured below, got to keep his manly mustache.
Pictured above, Tony Ergang shaves his pink mustache while his son, Justin Ergang, holds his camera on selfie mode as a make-do mirror.
Jed Kenaston, pictured above, gets his mustache combed and ready! He gets to keep his mustache and poses at the photo-booth with his wife, Sandra Kenaston.
Here is a list of the dedicated volunteers for this event (this list may not be exhaustive, and is in no particular order…thank you to everyone involved):
1) Valentine Banquet Planning Committee Volunteers:
• Jed and Sandra Kenaston – also helped with cleaning/decorating/set-up • Tony Ergang – also helped with cleaning/facility set-up • Claude VanVranken • Gerald and Linda Hulsey • Audrey Humphreys – also helped with cleaning/decorating/cooking • Rose Humphreys – also helped with decorating • Tiffany Barngrover – also helped with cleaning/decorating/cooking • Cathy James – (see below) also helped with cooking • Kayla Youngblood • Alyssa Roper – also helped with cleaning/decorating
2) Tracy and Logan Youngblood, & Chris Roper – assistance with facility set-up the week of.
3) Cathy James – took it upon herself to organize and manage the planning and preparation of the meals.
4) Cooks who prepared the food: Cathy James, Tanya Rising, and Elizabeth Walker from First Baptist Church in Crescent, Theresa Casper from First Baptist Church in Guthrie, Tiffany Barngrover from Abell Church in Guthrie, Shirley Coffin from Abell made 9 loafs of sourdough bread, and Audrey Humphreys.
5) Diane Frick from First Christian Church in Crescent – volunteered to manage the kitchen during the banquet and help oversee the volunteer teen servers.
6) Brandon Thornbrue – Lakeview Baptist Church’s youth pastor & his youth volunteered to help serve dinner.
7) Pastor Billy Bowen and wife Cynthia – guest speakers from Dover, OK.
8) Becky Gohlson – guest piano player
9) Chef Ben Coffin – donated 8 famous “Granny Had One” pies for the silent auction
10) Debbie and Marna from Furrows Flowers in Guthrie donated a bouquet of flowers and a $50 gift card for the silent auction.
11) Leisa from the Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie donated a Murder Mystery Dinner Date-night for the silent auction.
12) Charity Curtis – donated a gift basket for a door prize
13) Manager Jeffery from the OKC Johnny Carino's Italian Restaurant donated a $50 gift card.
14) Thank you to anyone we may have missed! Thank you to the men and ladies who announced this event at their churches.
Check out a video overview of this special evening by clicking play below: